Eureka in the UK have announced the specifications for the Blu ray release of all three Lucky Stars films in a box set in March.
Three action packed comedy classics from brand new 4K restorations! The original trilogy of Lucky Stars films were massively successful both in Hong Kong and internationally. Featuring star-studded ensemble casts including Sammo Hung (also directing), Jackie Chan, Yuen Biao, and appearances from Richard Ng, Andy Lau, Rosamund Kwan, Moon Lee, Dick Wei, James Tien and many more!
Winners and Sinners (1983) – Five former prisoners form a cleaning company and endeavour to keep clear of crime, but inadvertently find themselves in the middle of a counterfeit money scheme, and now the Triads and the police are out to get them!
My Lucky Stars (1985) – The Lucky Stars are sent to Japan to help the police apprehend a gang of dangerous criminals and a corrupt cop. Of course nothing goes to plan, and a series of gut-busting and neck-breaking action sequences ensue, leading up to one of the best climactic fight sequences ever filmed.
Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars (1985) – Tasked with busting a crime syndicate, the Lucky Stars wreak havoc in a holiday paradise with their unique brand of high-kicking justice and outrageous antics.
- A unique variant edition Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
- All three films presented in 1080p on Blu-ray from brand new 4K restorations, including the alternate extended Taiwanese version of Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars also fully restored in 4K
- Cantonese audio tracks (original mono presentations)
- Optional English dubbed audio tracks for all films
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Brand new feature length audio commentaries on all three films by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Winners and Sinners – Archival interview with director and star Sammo Hung (6 mins)
- Winners and Sinners – Archival interview with director and star Sammo Hung (13 mins)
- Winners and Sinners – Sammo Hung retrospective featuring interviews with friends of the legendary director, actor, and action choreographer (20 mins)
- My Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Michiko Nishiwaki (20 mins)
- My Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Sammo Hung (18 mins)
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Richard Norton (33 mins)
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Richard Ng (21 mins)
- Behind-the-scenes featurettes on all three films originally produced for their Japanese releases
- Outtakes, NG (“No Good!”) shots for all three films
- Trailers for all three films
- Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]